Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sunflowers in Glass Vase with Flameless Tea Light Candle

I had these glass vases on my mantle that I wanted to put sunflowers in but every time I put sunflowers in the vase they seem to just clump onto each other and did not look very cute.  I looked around the house for some ideas on how to get them to stand up inside the vase and look pretty.  I found a water bottle and the wheels started turning..... I gathered up my supplies and ...




Supply List
Glass Vase that is see through (diameter big enough to fit water bottle in)
Water Bottle
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun / Glue Sticks
Artificial Sunflowers with stems removed (I used 5)
Flameless Tea Light Candle






I cut the top off the water bottle just at the top so you can put the tea light in later.  (for a smaller vase you can cut the water bottle to size)

Let the hot glue gun warm up while removing the stem connectors from the artificial sunflowers.


Add glue to the back of the sunflower and stick it to the water bottle.  I started at the bottom and worked my way up.


Continue up to the top of the water bottle.  I only did one side because I am putting on the mantle and I wanted to be able to see the tealight glow.


I then put in a flameless tea light candle


Carefully stuff the bottle into the vase.  You can even crush the backside of the bottle if needed it will fix itself once in the vase.



Finished Product!  It would probably look better in a clear or lighter vase but I have purple and yellow accents in my livingroom so this is gonna me it for me :)

In darker room you can see the light coming through (photo really doesn't show how pretty it is)

I added a candle to the top and it is ready for the mantle!



You can easily just dump out the tea light to turn it on and off or you can remove the whole bottle.  Being that these vases are a always on my mantle I may use this same technique to make my Christmas mantle.  I will be doing a butterfly tree this year so maybe I will put butterflies in it....... the wheels are turning again OH NO....

No comments:

Post a Comment