Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pegboard With Removable Cups for Crayon, Marker, Colored Pencil, Pastels, Etc...

Anyone who knows me knows that my daughter is a crafting fool just like her mommy!  With that comes way way way too many supplies and keeps growing.  Over the years I have tried many storage ideas.  This is my current solution.

With some of the Pegboard scrap that I had from my previous Pegboard projects I have made a holder for my daughters bedroom door.  I hung it low on the door so she would have no problems putting the supplies back where they belong.  I let her paint the Pegboard so she love love loved this project. :)


As I had mentioned, I had my daughter paint the pegboard. The first Pegboard was painted Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue.  The second Pegboard was painted Purple, Pink, White, Brown and Black.  We only put one coat of paint on because heck it was painted by a kid it did not need to be perfect.



I drilled the holes in the plastic cups that I got from the Dollar Tree (3 / $1.00)  I used a total of 20 cups.  I found it easier to drill the holes with a 1/8 bit first and then drill again with 1/4.  It seemed to go faster with less cracking.

1/8 Drilled (sorry it is blurry but you get the idea)
1/4 Drilled Cup

I then laid them out to get an idea as to where I wanted to Zip Tie the cups and I zip tied them to the pegboard.



I made some blackboard stickers and painted the left hand side of them with the same colors that were used on the pegboard.  I added the stickers to the set of cups that are going to sit inside the zip tied cups for easy removal.  (I wish I thought of this when my daughter was learning to read her colors, sort, etc...)



I then just mounted it to her door using my favorite black drywall screws.  Now she has her own area to organize all her supplies and she can just grab the color and media that she wants and be off.  This SHOULD also help with clean-up time we will see.










No comments:

Post a Comment