Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween BAH BOOBUG (Bah Humbug)

I am just not that into Halloween this year.  I did not attend any of the Fall harvest festivals that my husband took my daughter to.  Which is surprising because this is my favorite time of the year.  I was actually thinking about how I could carve my husband when he returned with 3 pumpkins to be carved.  Last year we spent Halloween on vacation and we spent the day at the Crayola Factory so we did not do a lot of decorating the house or pumpkins.  I usually try to do something crafty.  In 2012 I attempted Rarity from My Little Pony (which my daughter loved) and we even made a haunted gingerbread house.


Rarity (My Little Pony) lit pumpkin

Rarity (My Little Pony) unlit pumpkin
Gingerbread Haunted House

This year all I could muster up is carving 3 small pumpkins and spooky candles.  For the pumpkins my daughter just drew faces and I carved them out.  As I was secretly cursing my husband :).  They came out cute and my daughter loves her creations.  We even lit them up with some real tea lights.





As far as costumes go, thank goodness my daughter already had an Anna (Frozen) dress because we would probably not even have a costume for her.  I am usually ready for Halloween a year in advance. :)  I don't think we are even going to give out candy this year.  BAH BOOBUG!


No comments:

Post a Comment