Sunday, October 19, 2014

Recycled Wine Cork Pegboard Spacers

I was hanging pegboard for the craft area and didn't have any spacers.  I didn't feel like running to the hardware store (God knows I don't have the patience for that).  Looking through the house I decided to cut some old wine corks in half and try them. It worked like a charm!  I think it was even easier than using spacers.



I was able to place the screws (I used dry wall screws LOVE THEM) where I wanted them and just added the corks to the end.  I used 9 screws/cork halls.



I was able to easily hold up Pegboard to the wall and the corks pushed the screws out for screwing.  It was amazingly easy.  I could have done it myself but since I'm short I enlisted my son to help.  I did not use anchors because I'm only holding craft supplies with it and the drywall screws hold great in my walls.

Note: I used Barefoot wine corks because they are more plastic like than cork.

No comments:

Post a Comment